Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
October 15, 2019, 05:40:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Ode to Cannon Fodder - Grunt MS Group Build!  (Read 87924 times)

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
Re: Ode to Cannon Fodder - A [different] Group Build Suggestion!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »

I'm wondering about the Grunt MS in Victory, though. Hard to find a reasonably-priced Jamesgun or Javelin nowadays, and the Zanscare MS tended to do more of the butt-kicking...

That said, from V Gundam:
Zoloat
Zollidia
Jamesgun
Javelin

From F91:
Heavygun
G-Cannon
Denan-Zon

...does the Victory Gundam Hexa count..?

"A continuation of the League Militaire's "Victory Project" launched during the Zanscare War, the LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa is an upgraded version of the original LM312V04 Victory Gundam. The Hexa is virtually the exact same mobile suit as the original Victory type, the only notable difference being a more sophisticated and sensitive sensor suit and communications system in the head. The Victory Gundam Hexa is distinguished from the original model by its lack of the traditional Gundam "V-fin" on the head, and the addition of two large "rabbit-ear" type communications antennae. The Victory Hexa was originally produced in very limited numbers for use by squad leaders and field commanders, but the model later phased out the original Victory Gundam, becoming one of the League Militaire's mass-produced frontline units used by many of its pilots." - MAHQ.net

It sure does, Wavehawk!

rantinan

• Lieutenant
  • MMW Forever!
    • View Profile
    • Rant's random blog
Re: Ode to Cannon Fodder - Grunt MS Group Build!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »

I;ve got a EW hizak that needs doing

edit: wrong letters, lolwot i shuoldnt type while having a feaver.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:27:01 PM by rantinan »
Love your hobby? Live your hobby!

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 09:53:19 AM »

Zeta - I've got the Nemo line art if interested.

Mine will be white and purple. And shiny.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:54:24 AM by Falldog »

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »

Zeta - I've got the Nemo line art if interested.

Mine will be white and purple. And shiny.
That sounds like an epic color scheme, can't wait and if you wanna toss that line art my way, i'd love it!

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »

I;ve got a MG hizak that needs doing
I was going to do either my Hi-Zack or Nemo and I opted for the Nemo, but I still plan to build the Hi-Zack in a similiar scheme to the Nemo.

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »

Problem I having right now is translating the 0079 Team of the White Dingos to a Zeta Gundam timeline.

"The members of the White Dingo Team are the protagonists of the Sega Dreamcast video game Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes, although you can spot the occasional Dingo cameo, such as the one in Journey to Jaburo. (Most people just call their game Rise from the Ashes)

The Dingoes are one of the Federation MS teams fighting to take back Australia late in the One Year War. Master P. Rayer is the team leader and player character. The other two members are Leung Fee-Fai and Maximilian Berger. The Federation is riding the momentum from its victory at Odessa and aims to clinch victory on the Earth front. However, the Aussie-based Zeons refuse to back down, as embodied by Zeon ace pilot Visch Donahue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Dingoes have a cult following in the fandom for how awesome their game and their suits are. Rise from the Ashes is unique in that it gives the player a "from the cockpit" perspective, instead of the third-person POV common in Gundam games. It's a bit hard to get used to at first, but I think it makes for one of the most memorable Gundam game experiences. The Dingoes are awesome enough in-universe to earn their own line of customized mobile suits, decked out in shades of white/gray and navy blue. Dingo suits also get a swanky grinning wolf emblem on their left shoulder. Most of their suits are just recolored versions of the stock models, but their ultimate upgrades, the GM Sniper IIs, are high-performance models hand-tuned to their specifications. " - Mark's Timeline

To me, the White Dingoes brung us the most epic GM of them all the GM Sniper II, I am going to color my Nemo in the scheme of the GM Sniper because it embodies the Team colors.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:13:18 AM by ZETA NEWTYPE »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »

This GB has been stickied. I'd love to see a team of White Dingoes. ;D

Busterbeam

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Plamo Addiction
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

Yeah I think I might like to jump into this one as well once my the rest of my troops arrive.  It's probably going to be HG MP Guncannon and/or HG Hi-Zaku for me.  I have a LOT of grunt suits.  Love 'em!  GM Command?  Surely that counts.  Powered GM?  GM Custom?  How about those MP variants?  They were modified MP suits so there weren't a lot of them...  I think the total amount of Powered GM's AND GM Customs made were only around half a dozen.

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »

Yeah I think I might like to jump into this one as well once my the rest of my troops arrive.  It's probably going to be HG MP Guncannon and/or HG Hi-Zaku for me.  I have a LOT of grunt suits.  Love 'em!  GM Command?  Surely that counts.  Powered GM?  GM Custom?  How about those MP variants?  They were modified MP suits so there weren't a lot of them...  I think the total amount of Powered GM's AND GM Customs made were only around half a dozen.
Hey Buster! I personally love the HG MP Guncannon myself, so i'd love to see what you do with that and yes, all the suits you named off are custom variations of grunt suits and do count, I will update the rules to reflect such.

zahmad

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

I'm in! I actually had something like this planned from last year! Great headsup to Zeta Newtype to take the initiative...now I want to make a slight suggestion of modification to the target groupbuild....

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »

I'm in! I actually had something like this planned from last year! Great headsup to Zeta Newtype to take the initiative...now I want to make a slight suggestion of modification to the target groupbuild....
Shoot! :D

TheBloody13th

• Commander
  • ..... You got a problem there?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »

Errr Over Flag 1/100 considered? It's also a lefty like me, but diff paint (IF I CAN FIND ONE DX)

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »

Errr Over Flag 1/100 considered? It's also a lefty like me, but diff paint (IF I CAN FIND ONE DX)
It's a custom of a FLAG, which is a grunt suit. Good to go!

zahmad

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

If you are participating in the gb with a UC kit, make it time correct and located in Australia, i.e White Dingo Team.

This is a sub group build within the gb :P

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »

If you are participating in the gb with a UC kit, make it time correct and located in Australia, i.e White Dingo Team.

This is a sub group build within the gb :P
I would LOVE to encourage others join me in making kits under the flag of White Dingo Team, I will not force anyone to do so and the time frame I am personally messing with as I am doing a Nemo in White Dingo Team colors that assumes in a "What If" situation one of the Dingoes joined the AEUG when UC 0087 came about. Above all else, this GB is a chance for those to express their love for their favorite mass produced suit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF