Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
June 20, 2019, 04:55:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ex-S Gundam  (Read 2209 times)

Scotch

• Newber
    • View Profile
Ex-S Gundam
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »

Hi! I'm Scotch, fairly new to the gunpla scene, I think 4-6 days now, somewhere in there...Anyways, I'm working on a scratch built ex-s gundam, loosely based off the G-system resin kit. At the moment I'm still making the neck, and I think I have the basic shape. I'm not sure on the cylinders in the neck, I'm still deciding what I want to use to fill that gap. I also need to clean up some of the surfaces, as you can see from the grainy/crater surfaces from the putty  :( I'll try some acetone to make it more like a paste tomorrow!  ;D

leokc_ng

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Ex-S Gundam
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

Is good to see some junior out there start scratch building. Is bit difficult to judge the shape at this moment, but keep up with your work.
There are few EX-s paper model out there in the web. And they are good reference point for how you want to cut your styrene sheet.

I am not quite sure which gap you are referring to at this point. but bear in mind try to fill up the gaps with styrene sheet / rod first before you patch up your putty. It gives you better control that way.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do with the acetone, but to fix the surface all you need is to sand it down with sand paper.

Happy modeling

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:47:21 AM »

Welcome to GAF mate! I thought you were kidding when you said you were scratch building a 1/35 EX-S! Eat my words will I? :D

Great project mate. Props to you for taking on such a challenging build. Looking forward to your updates.

drifand

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »

omg makes me look like hopeless compared to your skills. keep it up, I am already impressed.
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF